About the Job
Savills has a great opportunity at the Highcross Shopping Centre. We are looking for an experienced Security Officer to join the team on site. Your shift pattern will be 4 on 2 off, rotating 07:00–16:00, 09:00-19:00, 11:00–20:00 and 12:00–22:00 shifts, with a pay rate of £11.50 per hour. You will report into the sites team leaders.
- To comply with Assignment Instructions / Standard Operating procedures at all times and carry out duties accordingly
- Ensure that Health and Safety processes and procedures are complied with at all times
- Provide support in emergency situations, including fire and evacuation incidents.
- Provide a professional and customer focused service to all customers, retailers, visitors, staff and contractors
- Ensure all security activities are carried out adhering to the requirements of the SIA, both criminal and civil law and in compliance to Highcross policies and procedures
- Manage the opening and closing of the centre ensuring the security of the site at all times
- Participate in the patrolling of the malls, car parks and external areas taking ownership for responsibilities as identified in your patrol program and assisting customers as required.
- Manage unacceptable behaviour in line with Highcross procedures
- Provide a deterrent for possible crime
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous Industry experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective people management skills
- SIA Door Supervisor Licence
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills
Working Hours - 4 on 2 off, rotating 07:00–16:00, 09:00-19:00, 11:00–20:00 and 12:00–22:00 shifts
Salary - £11.50/hr