You love your kids. You love shopping. But combining the two can be tricky. Here at Highcross Leicester we want your trip to our centre to be as pleasant as possible. Which is why we’ve got lots of things to make life for you a little bit easier, and shopping for them a little bit more fun.
We have a super cute family room where you can change and warm bottles in a fully equipped kitchen, there are two specially designed breastfeeding chairs, toilet facilities, you can sort out nappies and let the littleuns loose in an entertainment zone. You can find the family room on the Upper Mall just behind the toilets.
If you prefer a little more privacy there are rooms located on the Lower Mall, next to the toilets in the corridor near Krispy Kreme.
We have allocated larger parking spaces for young families, making it easier to get in and out of the car with prams and pushchairs. You can find them on:
- Levels 1-3 of our rooftop car park.
- Levels 1-7 of the John Lewis car park, located off Vaughan Way. There is a bridge linking the John Lewis car park and the centre on Level 3.
Baby changing rooms are available in the Family Room on the upper mall next to the lifts and next to the toilets on the Lower Mall, near Krispy Kreme.
There are more than 40 restaurants and cafes in the centre, with most of them providing high chairs. There are bottle-warming facilities available in Debenhams’ restaurant on level 1.
Things to do
- Strollex mini shoppers are racing car trolleys that let your kids zoom safely around the centre at the same time as carrying some of your shopping! They are £3 for one hour, £5 for two (a £10 cash deposit must be provided). Visit the Customer Services Desk on the Lower Mall, for more details.
- Keep kids entertained at Play 9, a free interactive play area. Let them play these educational games while you watch them and relax from a nearby seat. Located near Debenhams.
- Showcase Cinema De Lux has Baby Pictures showings on Thursdays and Autism friendly showings on Sundays.
- Kids’ parties can be held at Build-a-Bear.
Highcross is a designated child-safe area and staff are trained to deal with lost children. As well as an emergency phone number direct to security staff printed on orange stickers in most windows, there is a wristband scheme. Collect a band from the Customer Service Desk, located on the Lower Mall near Eurochnage for more information.