When it comes to delicious vegan dishes and vegan-friendly restaurants, we have it covered. Thanks to the popularity of Veganuary and the rise in the number of people going vegan, more and more restaurants and cafes have expanded their menu to include animal-free dishes and vegan versions of your favourite meals.
To help you discover where you can find vegan food at Highcross, we’ve put together a guide of the top dishes for you to try on your next shopping trip.
1. Italian cuisine is full of delicious dishes packed with vegetables, which can easily be adapted for vegans. Lucky for you, Carluccio’s has a special vegan menu which is bursting with veggie delights like Spaghetti al Pomodoro e Basilico or the classic Caponata: a sweet and sour Sicilian aubergine stew, served chilled.
2. Butternuts tend to be a tasty, go-to choice for people who don’t eat meat. Head over to Bill’s to try the Rustic butternut & Squash stew, cooked with chargrilled red peppers and onions, freekeh grain, kale and toasted pistachios. Or maybe you’d prefer their delicious Oven Roasted Ginger and Sesame Cauliflower Steak.
3. Japanese dining includes plenty of dishes with vegetables as the main act, so Wagamama is a great choice for vegans as they have a whole menu dedicated to delicious meat-free dishes. Try the Yasai Samla Curry – a fragrant lemongrass and coconut curry with tofu, peppers and white rice – or get the tangy Yasai Pad Thai, but with egg-free noodles.
4. YO! Sushi has plenty of offerings that focus on the power of plants. Why not try the satisfying Tofu Katsu Curry, served with a mild curry sauce, spring onions and steamed rice. This delicious meat-free alternative is definitely a must-try!
5. For a filling lunch, head into Zizzi. Their vegan menu uses a vegan and dairy-free mozzarella alternative, which is made with coconut oil. For pizza lovers, try their Vegan Classic Margherita, or how does the Vegan Lentil Ragu with linguine and fresh oregano sound? They’re both perfect for a quick and comforting protein feast.