About the Job
The Team Leader is responsible for cleaning of the Centre. To maintain a safe and pleasant environment for our customers, through the monitoring of Health & Safety systems and the promotion of best practice throughout all tasks. The Team Leader will also be responsible in assisting the Soft Services Manager for the recruitment and training of all staff within this area, ensuring all cleaning task are completed to a high standard.
- Play an active role in the cleaning operations.
- To ensure all Health & Safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Comply to on-site cleaning schedules and on-site assignment instructions
- Ensure the site is kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Ensure the waste hierarchy on site is adhered to.
- Ensure the bins emptied regularly and the compactor is ready & booked in time for waste contractor.
- To deliver & assist Soft service Manager with cleaning rosters, timesheets and overtime schedules and assist with necessary holiday and sickness cover as and when required.
- To record and assist Soft Service Manager to maintain staff training matrix of cleaning team.
- To adhere and ensure the cleaning team adhere to the cleaning schedules and ensure these are fit for purpose
- Undertake high level cleaning, when required.
- Ensure the common areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Assist contractors when required.
- To ensure cleaning stores are kept tidy and all cleaning products and substances have COSHH and are risk assessed.
- Assist with the stock control of cleaning supplies and consumables.
- Grit/salt public and staff areas/ assist with flood clean-up in extreme weather conditions.
- Ensure the staff/cleaning office, shelves and cupboards are kept clean.
- Paint out graffiti, when required.
- Work with security to assist with incidents when required.
- To ensure that any damaged equipment is reported immediately to the Soft Service Manager
- - To carry out any other reasonable request by the Line Manager.
- - To ensure that all Cleaning personnel are adequately licensed/trained in order to fulfil the requirements on the roles.
- To undertake training as necessary
- To adhere to and, ensure the cleaning team adhere to the COSHH and RAMS of all cleaning products and equipment respectively.
- To assist the Soft Service Manager in the Cleaning team annual PDR process and to ensure the teams have completed the required training for their job roles.
- To assist the Soft Service Manager with Monthly Toolbox talks & team briefings as directed.
- To be a cleaning ambassador for the site by liaising with tenants regarding waste and recycling, offering assistance and guidance when required.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Works well under preesure and to deadlines.
- Works well within a team.
- Understands how to delegate work, whilst ensuring there own work is complete on a daily basis.
- Team leader experience.
- 2 years cleaning experience
13:30 – 2200 ( 40 hours a Week )